To ensure security, you need to change your wireless password periodically. It is also highly recommended that you change your login details when you first use your device. In this article, we’ll look at how to change the password to wi-fi in the TP-Link router, how to change the key to log in, and the process of changing your password to access the internet.
How do I log in to my TL-Link router settings?
Entering the TP-Link router settings web menu is not a complicated procedure. The settings panel itself is a set of all parameters, without installing which you can not fully use the device. The user will have to go there anyway, for example, to set up an Internet connection or change the password on the router to access the network.
For all router models from the manufacturer TP-Link, the login procedure is roughly the same and has no significant differences. Step-by-step instructions:
- Connect the device to the computer via cable or wireless hotspot (if the router includes the appropriate function). It is advisable to use a cable after all.
- Run any handy browser and dial an IP or character address to access web settings (indicated on the device case).
- A window will be lit to log in, i.e., enter a login and a key to access the settings panel (this data is also on the router case, but usually, this combination has the following values – admin/admin).
- After the set, click on the “Entry” or “OK” button.
The router settings panel will then open. You can also open it through a mobile device. But if you will change some critical parameters or even put a new firmware, it is strongly recommended to do so through a computer connected to the router by cable.
Changing the WiFi security key
Changing the network security key is recommended when you first start the router and at least once a month after that. Otherwise, your network may be accessed by strangers. If you suspect that strangers use your network, you need to do it right away. The process of replacing a password from Waifai in the TP-Link router is as follows:
- Check your computer’s connection to the router (with a LAN cable or wireless hotspot). Also, changing the password is feasible and through a smartphone or tablet with a built-in WiFi module.
- Open the browser and enter the IP address of our WiFi router. This can be192.168.1.1or192.168.0.1. The address can also be symbolic –“http://tplinkwifi.net.” Typically, the address is listed on the sticker at the bottom of the device directly on the case.
- There will be an authorization window. Introduce a standard username and password – admin and admin (they can and should be changed, about it a little bit below). If this input has changed and you don’t know what’s up to it, the only way out here is to reset the router settings to the factory at the touch of a RESET button. In this case, the authorization data will be replaced with standard data.
- The router’s web interface will open. In the left menu, we choose a wireless network.
- Click on wireless security. Security options will be opened where you can change your password.
- If you don’t have a security key initially, you can install a new one on this page. To begin with, we mark the line under the number 1, then introduce in the field “Password,” a combination consisting of at least 8 characters and without the use of Cyrillic. After changing the router password, you need to click on the Save button at the bottom of the page. The changes will then take effect.
Change your web interface password (login)
This also needs to be done the first time you use a router. If an attacker gains access to your wireless network, they will enter the standard admin/admin input and access a change in settings that should never be allowed. How to change the input to access the web interface:
- Open the router’s web menu by going to the IP device sticker on the bottom of the device or the symbol address through the browser. We authorize by entering the standard login and password.
- On the left of the menu, we unfurl the last line of “System Tools.“
- Among the options that have appeared, we choose “Password.”
- You’ll open a tab where you can both change the login and the password to log in to the web interface. Introduce old admin/admin data into the old log-in and old password, respectively. From below, we prescribe new data (the new password will have to be entered 2 times to eliminate the possibility of error). Once you’ve entered, save the changes.
- After the changes, you’ll have to re-authorize the web interface to continue working. We introduce new data into the relevant lines.
- The home page of the settings bar will appear again. The procedure has been completed.
Changing your password from an ISP
If you change your password to access the Internet through your ISP’s technical support or your account, the Internet will stop working until you change that combination in the router’s settings. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the router’s web interface.
- On the left, we unwrap the “Network” item and select the “WAN” line.
- In the password and password lines, you need to replace old data with current data, then click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
How do I reset my settings to factory in the TP-Link router?
In some cases, there is a need to reset the router settings to factory settings. For example, if you changed the input to access the web interface and forgot them. Or the connection with the Internet is not carried out, even though you have tried everything. The full reset is as follows:
- We find the RESET button on the case at the back of the router. To press it, we will need something sharp, such as a pin or a needle.
- Squeeze the button until all the light bulbs on the router start to flicker at the same time.
- Let’s release RESET and wait for the device to restart completely.
You can also reset through the web interface (if you have access to it). In the left menu, you’ll select “System Tools” and click on the dedicated “Factory Defaults” item, then click on “Restore” and wait for the router to restart.
We figured out how to change the router password from WiFi, change the code of access to the router parameters, and change the password from the cabinet of his Internet in the router. If you have additional questions, ask them in the comments – our experts will help solve any of your problems with wireless technology.